Monday, August 27, 2007

course reflection

This course taught me a lot about how to utilize the latest in web 2.0 technology. But more importantly, it taught me how to continue to keep myself educated with regard to innovations that come along. Thanks to being exposed to things such as "google reader" an wetpaint, I feel that I'm somewhat connected to the latest and greatest in online technology.

The biggest thing I got out of the course though was a much needed push. I had always considered myself computer literate. I thought this because I had grown up during the "digital age." I mean I remember distinctly chatting through dial up modems on aol v 1.0 or whatever. I used compuserve and the original napster. The thing i forgot though was that all those things were web version 1.0. I had definitely fallen behind with regard to web 2.0 tools for the classroom. Now, because of my familiarity, I was able to take my exposure with wetpaint and turn that into a website for my class (granted wetpaint isn't hard, but like i said, i needed a push).

No comments: