Monday, July 30, 2007

podcasting

So as I sat down to create my first podcast, i came to a road block immediately: what do i say? Its hard to think of something that's "podcast worthy" for lack of a better term. After some contemplation, I decided to do a music review...or preview rather. I decided to do this because I wanted the challenge of integrating music into the podcast.

I integrated the music, but I think i did it the easy way....I simply played the music and recorded it via my cpu's internal mic as opposed to importing the actual mp3. I was happy with the end product, but i ran into another roadblock...

When i attempted to upload my podcast to gcast and podomatic, neither site would take my podcast. I thought perhaps it was because my podcast was in aif format as opposed to mp3. Right now i'm trying to figure out how to convert my aif. file into an mp3 file and maybe that will work.....

and ideas?

1 comment:

Mr Harrington said...

Hi Mr K regarding your podcast :
Did you use Audacity or Garageband?
In Audacity to add music, first you need to find a podcast safe music site with creative commons - then import the music files to you computer. When in Audacity you can then import the audio files. These are then added into your Audacity tracks (in Garageband you can use in built audio files.)
When exporting your files with Audacity - via the lame mp3 converter!!!It then converts all of your tracks to one mp3 track which can be uploaded to Podomatic.
I hope this is of some help.